March 16, 2012

Esther Marie

It's my sister Esther's birthday today, so she gets a portrait! 101 Dalmatians is one of her favourite films, so I wanted to recreate that famous dog walking scene with the scottish terrier she's always wanted. 

This is my 74th portrait for my daily portrait challenge. You can see the other 73 over at the tumblog, 366 Portraits.

Click for larger size. Digital. 




Once again, I had it printed by the lovely ladies at Rae & Bennett Fine Art Printers on Hahnemuhle Photo Rag, my new favourite paper. Looks better in print! This is the paper I'll be using for the giclée prints that will be available in my online store, coming real soon.

Detail shots-



6 comments:

Sach said...

Awesome work!

Bec said...

Thanks sach! x

Tony DiStefano said...

This is a really good piece of art.
It has all the flavor of old school style.The dog has that look of childrens illustation from the late 50s.
I also love the design of the girl with glasses next to your name.
Very appealing style.

Kelsey said...

Thanks so much for your kind comment. I'm loving looking through your work as well!

Bec said...

Thanks Tony & Kelsey!

Alex Grigg said...

This is such a great Drawing Bec! Such great finish as well